“I tell you the truth, whatever you did for one of the least of these brothers (or sisters!) of Mine, you did for Me!"
2020~2022 LWML Oregon District Mission Grants
• Bridge of Hope CARE Pantry Expansion, $5,500
• A Bridge to Jesus – the SSS Soccer Clinic and Beyond, $6,000
• Bringing Christ’s Light to Those Living in Darkness, $6,500
• Carrying Christ into the Heart of the Hispanic Home, $6,500
• Equipping People with Intellectual and Developmental Disabilities to Sing, Tell, Declare His Marvelous Deeds, $6,500
• Expanding the Dominican Republic Disability Ministry as God’s Word and Jesus’ Love is Shared, $6,500
• Filling Haitian Tummies Opens Ears to the Gospel, $5,000
. Financial Assistance for Concordia Theological Seminary, Fort Wayne, Indiana Food and Clothing Co-Op to Purchase Food, $5,000
.Healing Spaces, $6,500
• Project “GO” (Gospel Outreach) – Share Jesus, $2,957.50 (partial funding)
• Safeguarding our School Children, $6,350
• Support for Concordia Seminary’s International Graduate School Students, $2,957.50 (partial funding)
• Taking the Gospel to B.C. North, $6,500
The Gospel Outreach Department is made up of two committees:
the Gospel Outreach Committee and the Mission Servants Committee.
Gospel Outreach Committee
The Gospel Outreach committee has the opportunity to evaluate all the Mission Grant proposals and make recommendations to the Oregon District Board of Directors, so the Mission Grant proposals may be voted on at the Oregon District Conventions. The committee also informs LWML members as to when grants are funded and what is taking place in the mission field.
Human Care Committee-Mission Servants
The Human Care Committee is now called Mission Servants. The purpose of the committee remains the same. They are charged with encouraging sensitivity in women toward those who are hurting and in need in the church, community and world. They strive to provide hands-on resources for assistance and comfort to others and reach out to the underprivileged and underserved in our communities.